Matcha Latte Recipe
My everyday matcha latte recipe! You only need three simple ingredients: matcha, milk, and sweetener of your choice. Matcha lattes are absolutely delicious, full of antioxidants, creamy, healthy, and my favorite pick-me-up drink.
- 6 oz of warm unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 heaping teaspoon of matcha powder
- a little stevia for sweetness
Add cold almond milk, matcha, and stevia, or sweetener of your choice, to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour directly over ice OR pour your matcha on the stovetop over medium-low heat until warm. Enjoy!
There are 3 different matcha powders that I currently use and enjoy:
- Rishi Tea Matcha Organic Green Tea Powder I absolutely love this matcha. The main reason because it's not messy and I don't waste any of the powder, plus since it comes in packets it's easy to take with me traveling. This matcha is perfect for beginners because it's on the sweeter side in my opinion and has an extremely smooth after taste. SO yummy! Plus it's very reasonably priced since I order mine off of iHerb.
- The Matcha Reserve Ultra Premium Ceremonial Organic Matcha This is a phenomenal tasting matcha! Ultra smooth and traditional, you can't beat this matcha. It's a little more pricy but you definitely get what you pay for. It's delicious, smooth, and has an incredible matcha flavor that in my opinion can't be beat!
- Vital Proteins Collagen Matcha This matcha is basically liquid gold! If you want your hair, skin, and nails to be beautiful then this matcha is for you. Since this is a collagen matcha, it also helps to strengthen your joints, ligaments, and tendons. Collagen is easily digested and absorbed by the body and provides a great source of protein. A lot of questions have been coming in on how I've been growing my hair and this is the #1 reason!
Why drink matcha?
✨ Matcha contains 137 times the amount of free radical-fighting antioxidants as other green teas.
✨ Detoxifies the body
✨ Supports a healthy immune system
✨ Rich chlorophyll and vitamins
✨ Lowers blood sugar
I drink matcha everyday and I have loved enjoying the benefits from it - not to mention the delicious taste. So which matcha do I drink the most? Which ever one I'm craving! I honestly drink all three of the ones listed above. I hope this gave you a great starting point on which matcha might be right for you. You can't go wrong with any of the ones I recommended ;)
Enjoy! If you recreate this matcha share it with me!